Construction fence banner
Although the marketing landscape has evolved, banners have remained a staple for advertising. Whether you’re aiming to attract new customers, or in need an affordable way to market your brand; printed banners are an affordable option with many practical benefits you utilise.
1. Planning is easy as pie. Before writing, create a brainstorm, and jot down what the purpose of your advertising banner is. For example, how and in what setting will it be used?; what are you trying to convey to each passerby?
2. Keep the benefits central to your personalised banners. This shows potential customers what they gain from your service. Imagine a cookbook that is promoted with 100 recipes. This is useful, but unlikely to entice a consumer’s curiosity. However, an advertisement for delicious, home-cooked and nutritious recipes you can make within 30 minutes after a long day at work, is more persuasive, simply because it explains on your advertising banner what you stand to gain.
3. Keeping text short and snappy will boast more results, so no need to overwhelm with too much exposition. A banner is often the first impression, and what’s more charming, a witty one liner or heaps of information? Remember additional details can be explained to those interested later through brochures, leaflets or conversation, but this is only possible if you have their attention first.
4. Keep your contact details close, but make sure they’re on your banner too! If you’re at an event, and need to network and don’t get a chance to speak to all the attendees, including your best form of contact on your banner means the difference between 10 and 20 new inquiries. This could be a bold email address or phone number, or your business's social media handles at the bottom of your banner.
In a world of short attention spans, it’s not always easy to create effective promotional materials. Innovation stems from some simple strategy, so get creative when you print a banner with these tips; here’s what to keep in mind:
- Using clear, and simple text designs will be convincing no matter the service, why is that? A passer by who encounters custom banners is generally doing something else, meaning there isn’t always a lot of time to interest them. Think about it, if you’re passing an ad with tiny ‘terms of service’ level fine print, you’re not pausing for a second thought or to catch your breath. Using large and legible text stands a better chance of attracting target customers, both up-close and far away.
- Consumers are familiar with reading top to bottom or left to right, so apply this to your (pull up) banner. You’ll only be making it more simple, as your core service will be easy to grasp and easy to remember.
- To many, image quality is a sure indicator of your business backbone, so make sure what you use is up to par. Whether it be your logo or product pictures, make sure the images you use radiate the quality you aim to provide your customers.
- A pop of colour never hurt anyone, so don’t be afraid to play around with your pallet. Aligning them with your logo or company colours will help your banner stand out at an event and is sure to exude charm and professionalism. Remember, printed banners with vibrant colours are attention grabbers, but keep in mind, they should not block out your text.
Banner printing can be a simple task, and with different styles to choose from, there is surely something suitable for your marketing toolkit. However, the banner material is often overlooked, even though their practical benefits could make a difference to your promotions. Here’s what is available:
- Budget PVC material
- Standard PVC material
- Mesh canvas material
- Blockout material
The effectiveness of custom banners is no secret, but it doesn’t have to be too expensive. if you’re on a tight budget, the ‘budget material’ will come in handy when you print a banner. It uses PVC material that can be used both in and outdoors, and will give a sharp look to your design. This is particularly useful for those that have a ‘1 time offer’, or other temporary promotions, as it is recommended for single usage.
When promoting at events, ‘standard material’ is sure to do the trick. It is made with a reinforced PVC material, that is sturdier than the budget material. It combines both aesthetic and practical qualities, making it a cost-effective advertisement for your business. Personalised banners made with this material will have a sharp and striking quality, with waterproof properties suitable for in or outside. The material is also a fire retardant; ensuring you can promote wherever and skip passed tedious regulations.
Similar to the standard material, ‘mesh canvas’ is particularly brilliant for outdoor events. Custom banners made with mesh canvas, will display your design, with tiny holes throughout the material. This helps the banner withstand windy spots and keeps it from catching a cold.
If you need to print a banner that has to look sharp and clear from all angles, using the ‘blackout material’, is a sure way to promote your services. This sturdy material has all the benefits of the standard material, but goes a step further than other printed banners. The thick material allows for double-sided printed, and blocking out light to keep your personalised banner vibrant and visible.